+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chesney/Potter Collaborations

Super Fan marknga is on a distinguished road marknga's Avatar

Chesney/Potter Collaborations

Well given the success of "You and Tequila" and the spark that seems to fly between Grace and Kenny it isn't surprising to see them work together again.
    From GPN's new CD we will hear a deluxe version of "Stars" with Kenny Chesney
    And off KC's new CD "Welcome to the Fishbowl" we will hear Grace sing with KC on "El Cerrito Place".

I watched the special "Making Welcome to the Fishbowl" and there was an interview with Grace about "El Cerrito Place"...
    "gonna need your help, thats right Atlanta give me your very best soul clap. We gonna get all Freaknic up in this sh$t" Grace 2-26-11

New Member the_outlaw_artist is on a distinguished road

Re: Chesney/Potter Collaborations

I love Grace, I really do.

And I've been a country enthusiast since, well since birth, lol. but I've never been able to get into Kenny, he's got well written songs on his albums, but I just don't think he's a very good performer. His vocals are just too bland for my taste. I don't think there a good pairing vocally, But to each there own.

That being said, I'm really digging the Willie Nelson duet. Would love to see here work with more county artists of the same vien, be it Lukas Nelson (how great would that be) Jamey Johnson (though the twang in his voice may turn off some listeners), Merl Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Shooter Jennings, or Travis Tritt. I just feel like GPN would meld great with the more "outlaw" side of country music, as oppose to the more tamed/mainstream musicians in that genre.

Though granted I will be downloading her duets with Kenny, regardless. just to get some more Grace.

+ Reply to Thread