+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Barefoot Truth

Diehard Trish is on a distinguished road

Barefoot Truth

My favorite local band from Mystic, CT. If you have a chance to check these guys out, don't miss them.

Upcoming shows:

Nov 26 - Colonial Theater, Pittsfield, MA
    Nov 27 - Garde Arts Theatre, New London, CT
    Dec 3 - Higher Ground, Burlington, VT
    Dec 4 - Skowhegan Opera House, Skowhegan, ME

More at: www.barefoottruth.com

Re: Barefoot Truth

These guys are still one of my favorite bands to see live. Been following them for over 3 years and at least a dozen shows and I never get tired of 'em.

Lots of great opportunities coming up to see BFT in the northeast in the next month. Looking forward to catching a few of these:

Jan 22
    Sat Jillian's
    Albany, NY Doors: 8:00pm

Jan 28
    Fri Stage One
    Fairfield, CT Doors: 7pm

Jan 29
    Sat Infinity Hall
    Norfolk, CT Doors: 7:30pm

Jan 29
    Sat The E Fair @ Sonalyst Studios
    Waterford, CT Doors: 11am`

Feb 5
    Sat Higher Ground Ballroom
    Burlington, VT Doors: 8:00pm

Feb 18
    Fri The Stone Church
    Newmarket, NH Doors: 8:00pm

Feb 19
    Sat The Iron Horse (Acoustic Show)
    Northampton, MA Doors: 7:00pm

Feb 19
    Sat The Iron Horse
    Northampton, MA Doors: 10:00pm

Feb 20
    Sun Brighton Music Hall
    Boston, MA Doors: 6:00pm

Super Fan Snowbird is on a distinguished road Snowbird's Avatar

thanks for the vids and the info Trish - I like their sound. I passed the info on th my sis in CT - she's an FTC junkie and I'll bet that she'll be there!

Diehard wags is on a distinguished road

thank you for sharing, nice to hear some feel good music. Reminds me of the early 90's jam rock period (wsp, phish, blues traveler) I'd go see them if they came down to dc for sure.
    Just here to talk about music and the wonderful people who happen to create it for us to enjoy.

They're a great band with a very positive energy. Quite a few of their songs have environmentally/socially conscious lyrics and the band supports a lot of environmental causes. I think they were greatly influenced by Dispatch. BFT toured with Pete Francis as part of the band in 2009.

Super Fan HeathO96001 is on a distinguished road HeathO96001's Avatar

Thanks for the videos Trish! Last night I saw Barefoot Truth for the first time. Wow! What a great band!

Glad you liked them, Heath! BFT does a great free show every summer at Esker Pt. Beach in Groton, CT. It's very similar to GPN's waterfront show in that it's their annual homecoming show, outside, on the water (the stage is set up on the beach with the ocean directly behind it). I'll send out a message to local CT and RI folks when I know the date since this event is even more fun with lots of good company.

For anyone in or around western MA, BFT bassist Andy Wrba has a jazz quartet (sometimes quintet) that does a regular Monday night show in Pittsfield at a place called Mission Bar and Tapas. It's a rotating line-up with Wrba and saxophonist Noah Weiss the only regular members. Guests who sit in sometimes include BFT keyboardist John Waynelovich (one of the best keyboard players I've ever heard) and Jeff Howard, the incredible young guitarist from the McLovins (who, btw, play the main stage at Gathering of the Vibes this year). Very cool small place to see so much talent ... and no cover charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Glad you liked them, Heath! BFT does a great free show every summer at Esker Pt. Beach in Groton, CT. It's very similar to GPN's waterfront show in that it's their annual homecoming show, outside, on the water (the stage is set up on the beach with the ocean directly behind it). I'll send out a message to local CT and RI folks when I know the date since this event is even more fun with lots of good company.
    Sounds great Trish!

I just read that Barefoot Truth is playing a free concert in Noank, CT on July 7th

http://www.barefoottruth.com/index.php?s=tour&id=270

Quote Originally Posted by HeathO96001 View Post
    I just read that Barefoot Truth is playing a free concert in Noank, CT on July 7th

http://www.barefoottruth.com/index.php?s=tour&id=270
    This is one of my favorite shows of the summer. Nice, family-oriented free show on the beach looking out at the ocean. Folks usually start off with a picnic dinner and by the end of the show everyone's up on their feet - girls with hoola hoops, little kids dancing with grandmas. Everyone's happy and having a great time and it's done by 8:00 so you can head down the road and get ice cream. For those in and around RI, there's also a free BFT show at Watch Hill on Tuesday of that same week.

+ Reply to Thread